The Inclusion department endeavours to break down barriers to learning a pupil may face through a variety of interventions. Interventions and support put in place will be tailored to each child’s individual strengths and needs.
These interventions may include;
- Pupil Passports
- LSA support
- Literacy and Numeracy interventions
- Social Skills groups
- Emotional literacy
- On Site Bridge Counselling
- One to One tuition
- Handwriting interventions
- EAL Support
- Specialist Teacher support
- Specialist equipment and resources
- Attendance support
- Engagement with outside agencies
- On site speech and language therapy
- Support from an educational pyschologist
- Travel training
- Mentoring from a SEND Ambassador
We have access to many other interventions and work with many agencies to ensure that pupils have the best possible chance to fulfil their potential.
At The Bromfords School, we have six SEND Ambassadors. Our SEND Ambassadors are Luke, Summah, Connor, Yasmin, Sonny and Holly. Luke and Summah have both joined our sixth form this year following the achievement of successful GCSE results.
SEND Ambassadors have a very important role in the school and assisting Mr Upward (SENDCO) with his work alongside the pupils and their families.
For example over the past year the ambassadors have:
• Trained Teachers
• Supported Essex with staff training
• Developed resources that have been used nationally
• Mentored younger students
• Helping at parents evenings
• Helped with and launched the pupil passports
• Facilitated school tours for prospective pupils, parents and staff